Vaibhav Tatwawadi is an Indian actor known for playing the role of Chimaji Appa in the Bollywood film ‘Bajirao Mastani’ (2015).
Vaibhav Tatwawadi was born on Sunday, 25 September 1988 (age 33 years; as of 2022) in Amravati, Maharashtra. His zodiac sign is Libra. His hometown is Nagpur, Maharashtra. He attended Somalwar High School, Nagpur from 1994 to 2004 and Dharampeth Science College, Nagpur from 2004 to 2006. He pursued Bachelor’s Degree in Metallurgical Engineering at the College of Engineering, Pune from 2006 to 2010. The Times of India
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Vaibhav’s father’s name is Dr Vivek Tatwawadi, who is an educationist. His mother’s name is Sheela Tatwawadi, who is a homemaker.
He has a younger brother, Gaurav Tatwawadi.
Vaibhav Tatwawadi with her Grand Mother on Diwali
Vaibhav is unmarried.
Vaibhav made his debut in 2011 with the Marathi film ‘Fakta Ladh Mhana’ and played the role of the son of Madhusudan Patil.
He has appeared in various Marathi films like Shortcut (2015), Cheater (2016), Mr. and Mrs. Sadachari (2016), What’s Up Lagna (2017), and Readymix (2019).
He has featured in various Hindi films like Hunterrr (2015), Lipstick Under My Burkha (2017), Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi (2019), and Tribhanga (2021).
In 2010, he made his debut on television with the show Discover Maharashtra.
He appeared in various Marathi television shows including Lakshya (2011), Amar Prem (2011), Pinjara (2012), Tuza Maza Jamena (2013), and Prem He (2017).
He made his debut on the OTT platform in 2020 with the web series Forbidden Love and played the role of Dr Harsh.
In 2022, he featured in the web series ‘Nirmal Pathak Ki Ghar Wapsi.’
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- First rank in the Times of India’s Top 20 Most Desirable Men of Maharashtra in 2017.
- Thirty-first in The Times of India’s Top 50 Most Desirable Men of India in 2017.
- Fourth rank in The Times of India’s Top 20 Most Desirable Men of Maharashtra in 2018.
- Eighth rank in The Times of India’s Top 30 Most Desirable Men of Maharashtra in 2019.
- Tenth rank in The Times of India’s Top 20 Most Desirable Men of Maharashtra in 2020.
- He became the achiever at the 7th Annual NBC Newsmakers awards in 2016.
- He received the Dadasaheb Phalke excellence award in 2018.
- He was honoured with the title of ‘Maharashtra’s Most Desirable Man’ in 2018.
- On 31 May 2022, he won the best actor at the Dallas South Asian Film festival for the web series ‘Nirmal Pathak Ki Ghar Wapsi.’
- Vaibhav is often called Vibhau Tatudi by his friends and family members. Vaibhav Tatwawadi – Facebook
- His hobbies include travelling and dancing.
- According to him, he had decided to pursue acting as a profession in class eight. He used to take part in stage shows when he was in school. In 2010, after completing his graduation, he went to Mumbai to do acting professionally. In an interview, he talked about how much his parents supported him during his acting journey and said,
My parents are my biggest support system. In fact, they knew of my acting passion and never dissuaded me. In fact, my dad (Dr Vivek Tatwawadi) is an educationist and is the principal of the Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar College of Engineering & Research, Nagpur, but he never forced me to pursue just academics. My mother is a visharad in music, but she too gave me my space respected my choice. I would often go with her to Deshpande Hall for plays and music concerts. So, the arts were and will always be an integral part of my life.”
- When he was in school he was a state-level badminton player and also wanted to play it professionally.
- He has anchored several Marathi and Hindi Television shows such as ‘Maharashtra Cha Favorite Kon’ and ‘Just Talk.’
- Reportedly, the film ‘Pondicherry’ that featured Vaibhav was shot on a mobile phone. In an interview, he talked about the film and said,
Absolutely nothing, because there was no ‘tam-jham’ on the sets. There were hardly a few people present on the sets. When we shoot a scene with 100-150 people on set, as an actor, I had to concentrate more on the scene. I was in my zone and world while shooting for Pondicherry. It was very comfortable.”
- He has appeared in various advertisements for brands like Faasos and Ultra Tech Cinema.
- The web series ‘Nirmal Pathak ki Ghar Wapsi’ won two awards at the DFW South Asian Film Festival in the US. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
I am absolutely thrilled to have won Best Actor, especially when we had such amazing artists nominated alongside me, as well as for the show on winning the Best Television Series at DFWSAFF. As an actor, I have always been inclined towards scripts that are meaningful and well written, and thanks to OTT platforms like SonyLIV we have plenty of such content now. The same applies to ‘Nirmal Pathak ki Ghar Wapsi as well.”
- When he was in college, his college won Purshottam Karandak Theatre Festival.
- He pursued engineering before becoming an actor. In many of his interviews, he said that his father asked him to complete his studies first and then pursue his dream so that there is a backup if he failed to become a successful actor. In an interview, he talked about his father and said,
Being from a middle-class family in 2003-04, the only option that children ever had was to complete their education as engineers or doctors. My father told me that I would support you if you pursue your career as an actor, but I want you to complete your education first.”
- In 2017, he walked in Pune Times Fashion Week, and in 2018 in Lakme Fashion Week.
- In 2019, he started his own production company ‘Autumn Breeze Films.’
- In an interview, he shared his thoughts about his love life and said,
The work we are in does indeed take a toll on your relationships. So you either need a person who gets your lifestyle or else the relationship becomes a hindrance. And I’m at that stage in my career where I don’t want to miss any opportunities. I don’t want to look back and feel because of a particular relationship, things didn’t work out in my career.”
- He often shares pictures of his college days on social media.
- According to him, he changed his surname from Tatwawaadi to Tatwawadi because he believed in numerology.
- He has a close relationship with actor Mahesh Manjrekar, and in an interview, he talked about him and said,
I went to Mumbai, gave auditions, did a couple of serials and then I met Mahesh Manjrekar. He single-handedly changed the way I think and work. He has been my mentor in the entertainment industry and I am really blessed to be working with him. I do hope to work with him in the future too.”
- In an interview, he amusingly revealed that he learned Urdu so that he could impress women with Urdu Shayari.
- His favourite holiday destination is Jammu and Kashmir.
- He is often featured in various newspapers.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and often posts pictures of his workout on social media.
- He is a passionate animal lover and often posts pictures of them on social media.
That’s it. This is the latest information about Vaibhav Tatwawadi. Check out CelebrityGhar.Com for more wikis and biographies. Share this article with your friends if you found this helpful.